Filmmaker and Archaeologist Kurly Tlapoyawa teaches this class on digital storytelling as it relates to the Chicano/Chicana/Chicanx experience.
Skills learned as a result of successful completion of this 8-week
documentary class include:
· The fundamentals of developing, producing, and directing a short documentary.
· Experience working as a director, producer, cinematographer, sound mixer, and editor on student productions.
· Sufficient mastery of digital editing software to edit a short film of up to 10 minutes in length.
· Sufficient knowledge of sound design, multiple track laying, and sound mixing to complete and enhance the final documentary.
· Knowledge of aesthetic film theory and documentary ethics, and experience with practical application of the same.